Barclays Identity service
from Barclays Bank Plc
Grant of Approval
tScheme Limited grants approval to the electronic trust service identified as:
Barclays Identity Service
as supplied by:
Barclays Bank PLC
of 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP
The management system used to deliver this service is certified by:
LR Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance Ltd.
of Trinity Park, 1 Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham B37 7ES
to satisfy the criteria defined in the following tScheme Approval Profiles:
|Base Approval Profile||tSd0111||3.00|
|Approval Profile for an Identity Provider||tSd0112||1.00|
|Approval Profile for Identity Registration Services||tSd0108||2.06|
|Approval Profile for Credential Validation Services||tSd0109||1.00|
|Approval Profile for Credential Management Services||tSd0113||1.00|
and in accordance with:
|GPG45 – Identity proofing and verification of an individual||2||2.2|
This Approval initially commenced on:
30th June, 2016 (undertaken by KPMG), subsequently re-Approved by LR on 13th March 2020
Documents supporting this grant are available by clicking on the links in the tables above.
This Grant of approval is issued by:
PO Box 3653
Company Number 4000985
Approved Service Description
This tScheme certification covers the Barclays Identity Service.
The service will offer, to UK citizens intending to use the gov.uk verify services, the ability of:
- Creating a secure digital identity, hosted and managed by Barclays
- By providing personal information i.e. name, address, date of birth, gender and address history
- By providing passport, driving licence and UK bank account details which are verified with HMPO and DVLA via the evidence checking service and Equifax, a credit reference agency
- By completing a knowledge based verification which is based on their financial history held with credit reference agency
- Once the identity proofing and verification is completed successfully, Barclays IDP will notify the gov.uk verify platform that will allow access to the services provided by relying parties that use gov.uk verify.
The service will be available to UK citizens, intending to use a set of digital government services, matching the eligibility criteria specified by the GDS verify service.
The Barclays identity service will be available through digital devices (Web and Mobile) and will support both English and Welsh speaking customers.